Jrskygod

Well Known Member
Patron
I purchased a JD Air tailwheel yoke and lightweight tailwheel. The service was quick and I had them in hand just a few days after I placed the order. When I unboxed the parts I was very pleased with the quality of the parts. The lightweight tailwheel is really cool with its machined spoke design and ball bearings. The yoke fit perfectly, the welding is excellent, the powdercoat well done and the whole install took less than 30 minutes including looking for the washers I dropped, borrowing back the wrench I loaned to my hanger neighbor and cleaning up the grease mess from the old tailwheel. No more grease mess!!!! Yea. I couldn't wait to test my new toy and it didn't disappoint. The geometry change works as this thing is like power steering. Some have reported more visibility over the nose but their calibrated eyeballs are much better than mine, as I did not notice much difference.

Great product, great service, good performance and no more worries about hanging a pothole or concrete edge. Its a winner!!!!!

I purchased the Flyboy Accessories unit which is very similar.
The simple reason is that it's narrower, and I perceived that it would be as low drag as possible, short of adding a wheel pant. Vince offers a light weight hub cap that smooths the air flow around the wheel.
I think you will be happy with this, although there is scant clearance between the edge of the tire and the yoke. Grass or mud could get caught there, but you will see it on the pre flight inspection, so It's no big deal.

Thanks!!!

Thanks for the kind words. We strive to make the finest product available with fast shipping and service after the sale.

Thanks again.Check www.jdair.com for a details on all of our products.