mpm2433

I ordered a set of James Wheel Pants today, he said they were 3 weeks out. I would like to order the hardware. Can someone tell me what is needed, size and quantity. He spoke of K-1000 nut plates and "tenerman" (i think) washers. If someone has instructions, suggestions, ect. It would be helpful.

PS: going on Grove Gear.

Michael Mitchell
[email protected]

This should help.

I ordered a set of James Wheel Pants today, he said they were 3 weeks out. I would like to order the hardware. Can someone tell me what is needed, size and quantity. He spoke of K-1000 nut plates and "tenerman" (i think) washers. If someone has instructions, suggestions, ect. It would be helpful.

Michael Mitchell
[email protected]

The K1000 are MS21047 series nut plates.

The tech page is http://www.gen-aircraft-hardware.com/images/pdf/nutplates.pdf

The Tinnerman Washers are Large Area Washers with a Dimple in them.

The Tech page for them is http://www.gen-aircraft-hardware.com/images/pdf/specialwash.pdf

There will be other large area dimpled washer on this page also. You may find many of them very useful.

Best wishes, have the great weekend.

Hardware

Michael Mitchell
[email protected]

I'm guessing you're building an 8 since you mentioned Grove Gear.

On mine, I used Van's supplied inner brackets by giving them a slight bend and twist. For the outer support, I fiberglassed a large "fender washer" to the inside of the wheel pants to provide a larger support area and bolted them directly to the wheel nut.

You will have to rivet 4 K1000-08 nut plates to each inner bracket, two on each end. You can use #10's if you think #8's are too small.