Charles in SC

Well Known Member
Hello, I am trying to get my head around how the intake goes together on a horizontal induction IO 360. I think I have it in my mind but the plan shows a Lycoming pt # 652158 that goes on the front of the fuel injection throttle body. I cannot find out anything about this part by Lycoming website or Google search. Can anybody give me some info on this or where to get one. A picture would be great too.
Thanks in advance!

I have had my cowling sitting around for a few years. I do not know what the MK IV filter is. Mine uses a K&N filter. The intake funnel has a flat flange on the rear. The plan shows putting nut plates on the Lycoming part # 652158 and using screws to fasten the funnel to it.

I think the part I am looking for is just a gasket that goes between the metal injection body and the James fiberglass piece. I just now looked at the James site and it shows a MK 2 and a Mk 3. It does not show a Mk 4.

Gasket

You can make a gasket or use RTV but the hinge for the Alt air one side of it goes around the back of filter and two of the mounting bolts on that side go through that half of the hinge so the gasket becomes part of it also.
Bob

I think the part I am looking for is just a gasket that goes between the metal injection body and the James fiberglass piece. I just now looked at the James site and it shows a MK 2 and a Mk 3. It does not show a Mk 4.

You are right, the Mark 3 is the right one. I corrected my post. I have the mark 3 as it uses a larger K&N filter for lower pressure drop. I have not addressed the gasket. To use a thin one, a stiff flange would be needed with that large bolt spread.