pierre smith

Well Known Member
Asheville, to be exact.

Where are the good places to stay for a coupla days?

The good places to eat?

The great things to see and do when we have a 17 and 19 year old young men along?

We do plan on visiting the Biltmore one day,

Thanks,

Downtown is the most interesting place. Excellent people watching, lots of good food.

If your wife is with you, probably want to drive about 15 minutes to Black Mountain for the afternoon. Its got nice shops, good food, and the Town Pump.

Don't have any hotel recommendations, short of the Grove Park Inn. We live too close to spend the night.

Accommodations...

Definitely Grove Park Inn or the Biltmore Inn on the grounds of the estate. The Grand Bohemian Hotel is also very nice and is located just outside the entrance to the Biltmore Estate at Biltmore Village.

The Grove Park has 5 restaurants inside covering everything you could possibly want, and a spa. The Biltmore Inn has a very nice restaurant as well as dining on their back porch with an great view. The Grand Bohemian has their Red Stag Grill inside which is also very good. The Grove Park is my favorite...

"Cha-Ching" on all three places. :D

Give me a call!

Hi Pierre,
I live in Asheville and would be pleased to meet you.
828-242-2776 Cell

Biltmore and Grove hotels are expensive.
Day pass for Biltmore house and grounds it $60 ea if memory serves.
Schedule minimum 1/2 day for this.
The house is a couple of hrs. The garden and immense greenhouses are my favorite. There is also a winery on site. If you include the formal winery tour, add a bit more time.

Even if you do not stay at the Grove, please go and see the main room (fireplaces are not to be believed) and also walk out to the sunset deck for an excellent western view.

There is plenty of teen evening activity in downtown. Search for the "Orange Peel" if music is of interest. Downtown area is very walkable with plenty of arts and crafts style shops and plenty of people.

Best BBQ in town is "12 Bones". 2 locations, hrs are goofy.

Lots of local diners downtown with streetside tables such as the Tupelo Honey Cafe. It is adjacent to an open square with impromptu music/magic/ (and beggars). Interesting to watch.

AVL is a bit "corporate". I fly out of 0A7 normally. The Western NC Air Museum is at 0A7 if you wish to see a few antiques.

Call at your convenience.

GrovePark Inn is very nice.

Maybe the nicest place this country boy has ever stayed.

Its not too pricey during the week.

A couple nites and you are ready to move on.

I have sent you a copy of the email address of my son, a Cirrus pilot who is a long time resident of Asheville. I am sure he could help you about places to stay and eat there.
I just returned from a visit to Asheville and he took me to 2 wonderful restaurants. I did gain 3 pounds while there though, so beware!
I flew into and used the FBO that used to be called Millionaire and is now called Signature, I think. They gave good service, although I think the other FBO has self-serve fuel which is cheaper according to AirNav.

Thanks everyone..but....

...the last week of July is also Osh and I kinda, sorta wanted to go for a coupla days.

Cleve, I've been in touch with Chip...thanks much,

Best,