rapid_ascent

Well Known Member
Santa must have thought I was good this year since I found a large box with a RV-7 empennage in it. Glad to be able to finally get started. Thanks Santa. :)

I started doing some of the work on the HS and I'm still getting the shop setup the way I want. I couldn't let the shop hold up the start. I was too excited. I've made some good progress given the limited time I had available over the holidays. I 'm sure you'll all hear a lot more from me now since I'm now committed.

I did have a question about the need for a jig to build the HS. I'm currently thinking I'll buy the QB wings so I don't want to build a full blown jig. I didn't see anything mentioned in the instructions about the requirement for a jig. Is that just from the older units that weren't pre-punched or do I still need one? I've seen web sites where a jig wasn't used and some where a jig was used. I saw one a web site somewhere where the jig was just built onto the ends of the workbench. I could do that if its required but I'm not sure exactly what's needed here. Any comments would be helpful.

Thanks,

This confused me too when I was first starting, when I saw some builders websites where they used jigs.

I asked the same question and the response from the more experienced VAFers, was no jig is needed with the newer pre-punched kits.

Good luck,
Jason