RV7Guy

Well Known Member
Finally, my panel is lit up. I'm using the Vertical Power Primary Power System that provides power to the VP-X. There were a couple of wiring issues that Chad Jensen helped me work through. After that was done, we got the VP-X configured. Then, hit the switch and powered everything. All smoke stayed in the boxes. At this point, there are only 2 minor issues that I'm sure I will trace back to me:)

The equipment is as follows. 2 AFS 5500T (touch screen) EFIS's, Garmin 750, Garmin SL40, TruTrak Gemini 880, Garmin 330 remote mounted, CO Guardian 455, XM weather and radio, NavWorx ADS-B.

dwwe3r.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
Congratulations

Congratulations. Keeping the smoke where it belongs and a beauty of a panel.

The equipment is as follows. 2 AFS 5500T (touch screen) EFIS's, Garmin 750, Garmin SL40, TruTrak Gemini 880, Garmin 330 remote mounted, CO Guardian 455, XM weather and radio, NavWorx ADS-B.

Looks great!

Last edited:
Dahwin, that's awesome!

I will give you a call soon to chat about the PPS. Chadley was here over new years giving me the hard sell!

;) CJ

Nice panel, congratulations!

I remember that first power-up also, that's a big step!

Power

Nice panel, congratulations!

I remember that first power-up also, that's a big step!

The first 7 I built, I was much more anxious than I was with this one. I knew much more this time!!! Each circuit was tested as installed so it was kind of a formality. As I noted, only two minor issues and one has been corrected already.

I forgot to mention in the original post that I used the Approach Systems Wiring hub. This saved quite a bit of wiring hassle.

If doing again however, I'd use a plug and play panel from AFS or Steinair. This would have saved volumes of time.

Darwin,

A few of us might want to borrow that panel for a couple years.... Make sure your sleeping at the airport....

Beautiful Job.... Nice installation.

Smilin' Jack