Mike S

Senior Curmudgeon
As I had detailed in the thread "Medical Mistake", I was diagnosed with sleep apnea earlier this year.

I contacted AOPA, and got the skinny on what to do to insure getting my medical renewed, and followed their recommendations to the letter, and then some.

When I went to the AME for my physical, he said the documentation I had provided was some of the most complete he had seen, and that the FAA would give me the cert after review.

Last weekend, after returning home from Vans homecoming, and transition training with Mike Seager----Thanks Mike------I found a letter from the FAA asking for even more info, including stuff that had already been covered in a letter from my personal doctor------so I once again contacted AOPA, and now less than 24 hours later,-----------

Drum roll please-----

I have my medical in hand.

Yep, it is a GGRRREAT day:D

As my kids would say, "AOPA rocks"

As I had detailed in the thread "Medical Mistake", I was diagnosed with sleep apnea earlier this year.

I contacted AOPA, and got the skinny on what to do to insure getting my medical renewed, and followed their recommendations to the letter, and then some.

When I went to the AME for my physical, he said the documentation I had provided was some of the most complete he had seen, and that the FAA would give me the cert after review.

Last weekend, after returning home from Vans homecoming, and transition training with Mike Seager----Thanks Mike------I found a letter from the FAA asking for even more info, including stuff that had already been covered in a letter from my personal doctor------so I once again contacted AOPA, and now less than 24 hours later,-----------

Drum roll please-----

I have my medical in hand.

Yep, it is a GGRRREAT day:D

As my kids would say, "AOPA rocks"

That's GREAT news, Mike! Congbratulations!

Wonderful news Mike! Now we'll all be waiting for the news you got the paperwork for your -10. Almost there.

Moose, Kevin, Brian-----thanks guys.

Registration is sent in, just waiting for it to come back, so I can start the inspection paperwork, and all that is entailed with the actual inspection.

Close..........

Jolly Good Show!

Congratulations, Mike. I can't say enough good about the AOPA medical staff. They really helped me after my heart surgeries. The annual membership fees are minuscule when compared to the annual costs of operating an airplane. If any of our RV family here are not members, I encourage you to join.
Again, congratulations, Mike, and I'm looking forward to the first-flight report of your RV-10.