Flyguytki

Well Known Member
I am heading down to Aurora to pick up my fuselage kit and am wondering if there is anything else I should Pick up while im there. I dont necessarily want to get anything that will come with the Finishing Kit just yet.

Any Ideas??

-david

Stuff

David,

Congrats on the fuse!

Things to consider:

Extra pedal/brake kit
Aileron Trim Kit (if you didn't get it with the wings)
Deletion of certain tailwheel components if you go aftermarket
I always like to get extra rivets and AN hardware that I commonly use
Firewall sealant (consider the expiration date)
Firewall pass through fittings
Maybe the Van's wiring harness

Good luck.

David,

I sent you a PM. I live not too far from Vans and would be very happy to have you stop by on your way to or from Vans.

While you're at Vans, be sure to step into the little "store" in the small room next to the lobby and see what's on the shelf. You never know what you'll find there. I've picked up a few goodies now and then.

Thank you for your service to our country!

...Firewall sealant (consider the expiration date)...

Good thinking. As I understand it, that stuff is hazmat, and it's either very expensive to ship or they can't ship it at all (I can't remember which). Best to just pick it up while you're there, and save some money and trouble.

Manual aileron trim

Manual aileron trim for RV-7/7A,9/9A
Part Number = AIL-T79

Install when you build you will want it after flying.

Fly Avatar

Don,

Yep...you're correct. The radial engine is turning a very small MT Prop, too. Very complex landing gear....tough to get insurance for this model.

David,

Don't know where you are in the build, but consider the wing root fairings (if you already have wings). It saves an on-and-off of the wings if you have the fairings handy when you first fit the wings, match drill the fairings to the wings and then you are ready for the nutplates.

greg