Hey all, been trying to place and order with Smoke System fora set of Injectors. Not getting a response. Anyone have an extra set of smoke oil injectors they can part with? Or have a similar solution?
Thanks

Heads up on SSS, he has health issues and never returned my emails. I had to file a PayPal claim to get my money back. There was a forum on here warning people but they pulled it down. His website still active.

Heads up on SSS, he has health issues and never returned my emails. I had to file a PayPal claim to get my money back. There was a forum on here warning people but they pulled it down. His website still active.
Thank you. I heard that recently but since my order went through, I thought I was fine. No answer from my calls or emails either.

I think these could easily be adapted to work for a spray nozzle. You’d need a hose clamp with a hole in it. Attach it straight to a length of steel braided line.

Spray Nozzle
I made my own injector using parts from
Spray parts warehouse. Com

Attachments

• 20240830_163411.jpg
    20240830_163411.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 38
Twenty years ago, I had a smoke system in my airplane. I removed it a number of years back when I gave up flying formation.

The old "Smoking Airplanes" injectors that I had where very simple and a lot less expensive than what I am seeing being sold now.

The injector was a CHEAP made in China AN flared 90-degree fitting attached to a vertical tube (that had a cap / plug welded on the opposite end. There was a THICK piece of steel that the hose clamps could hold the the injector in the exhaust pipe. On both sides of this tube there where 1/8" holes to allow the smoke oil into the exhaust stream. There was little oxygen in the exhaust so the hot exhaust gas would turn the smoke oil into smoke. The two 1//8" holes were near the middle of the exhaust pipe.

The injector looked like this. IF I find a better photo, I will post it. 1/4" AN flared hose would attach to the fitting.

Screenshot 2024-08-31 at 1.25.44 PM.png

Kitplanes has an article on DIY smoke systems.

They say spray nozzle should be 1/2 gallon per minute. My comment is that on my airplane with two injectors, I was pumping 3/4 gallon per minute to have good smoke. I did have two smoke injector nozzles.

Last edited: