Is Your RV undercoated/corrosion proofed?

• Yes undercoated/corrosion proofed

Votes: 37 64.9%
  • No not undercoated/corrosion proofed.

Votes: 20 35.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wondering what % are painted/primer/corrosion proofed.
Is or will your RV be painted/primer/corrosion proofed?

Last edited:
By "undercoated" are you talking some type of anti-corrosion paint or are you talking about that rubber stuff they spray on the inside of cars where they use salt on the roads?

If you are talking paint, then yes. If you are talking the rubber stuff, then no.

Oh yeah. I have them all ziebarted. They just drill a couple dozen holes and pump in about 10 lbs of road tar. Really quiets them down, but kinda stinks.

I'm guessing the OP meant primer for undercoat. I can't imagine anyone considering automotive-style undercoating on an airplane.

Oh yeah. I have them all ziebarted. They just drill a couple dozen holes and pump in about 10 lbs of road tar. Really quiets them down, but kinda stinks.

I'm guessing the OP meant primer for undercoat. I can't imagine anyone considering automotive-style undercoating on an airplane.

I've gotta ask because he is new the forum, which means he might be new to aircraft building, which means he might just fill it with auto undercoating. Believe me, I've seen crazier things done out of ignorance.

Status
Not open for further replies.