mill2978

Well Known Member
I am working on fabricating the T-405 bracket. The parts I have made fit, but I wouldn't call it a snug fit and I am concerned about removing too much material to slide them closer to the end.

Should I leave them as is, or continue to grind them down for a tighter fit? :confused:
IMG_9583.JPG

IMG_9582.JPG

Thanks for the look and advice

Aaron

that should work just fine. you can adjust the length of the mount that goes on the fuse to match up perfect when you drill that bracket after the wings are on.

bob burns

N82RB RV-4

In fact, the rivet tails on the tabs (that go to the skins) will probably interfere. A close fit is not supremely necessary. Add this after the skins are on (so you can get the rivets mentioned above) but before the rear baffle.

Here is mine.
b4hhqg.jpg

By getting it a bit farther towards the nose, the rear of the bracket doesn't lay on top of the raised stiffening bead on the rib, at least in my case with the rv9. On the left wing, I actually had to put a notch in one side of it in order to fit past one of the rib flutes.

Lastly, make sure before you drill the holes that they are located far enough toward the nose that a rivet head will sit flush and not bump up against the curved area inside the angle. Happened to me one the left one and I had to grind the down a bit.

Here is mine.
b4hhqg.jpg

By getting it a bit farther towards the nose, the rear of the bracket doesn't lay on top of the raised stiffening bead on the rib, at least in my case with the rv9. On the left wing, I actually had to put a notch in one side of it in order to fit past one of the rib flutes.

Lastly, make sure before you drill the holes that they are located far enough toward the nose that a rivet head will sit flush and not bump up against the curved area inside the angle. Happened to me one the left one and I had to grind the down a bit.

Thanks for the tips, I also need to position my rivets to accommodate the flop tube.