Av8torTom

Well Known Member
Hi All,

Getting ready to rivet my fuselage center section and was wondering if there was any reason I shouldn't rivet with it upright as shown in the picture below. Will make it a lot easier to access both sides and to do alone. Thanks.

4D5B3AB2-B859-4B13-BEAB-0E25E85E303D_zpsancx27lo.jpg

As long as the spar center section is correctly spaced, then that should be fine. That's how we do the RV-10.

Or like this? :D

IMG_0029-M.jpg

I was able to rivet this whole assembly solo. Just make sure to clamp it down to your work suface.

One other thing, double check the orientation of yoryour ribs. A few people have put them in wrong.

Been there done that

Worked great in the vertical on my RV-7A fuselage. Only a couple of rivets that were a stretch.

Excuse

I used the traditional method as an excuse to get my wife on her back!:D

Last edited:
Made me LOL

How'd that work-out for you Glen????

Thanks all - I'll probably use a combination of vertical and upside down.

T.

Hi All,

Getting ready to rivet my fuselage center section and was wondering if there was any reason I shouldn't rivet with it upright as shown in the picture below. Will make it a lot easier to access both sides and to do alone. Thanks.

4D5B3AB2-B859-4B13-BEAB-0E25E85E303D_zpsancx27lo.jpg

Don't have a clue as to your question.But, I would drop the top on that TR6 sittin' there and take it for a spin. :D

I did mine exactly like that on the -10.

However, there were spacers supplied to fit between the spar stubs to ensure correct distance for the wing spar stub to fit. Do you not have something similar? In which case, I would fit them sooner rather than later.

Spacers are fit

I have the supplied aluminum tube spacers in position along the top of the spar carry through, and I cut some PVC pipe to use as spacers along the bottom.

That TR-6 is a little gem. 1973, 70K miles, about 95% original. I think it is the only Triumph in the world with no rust - and as we know, these cars were rusting on the assembly line :D