blahphish

Well Known Member
I have a 'friend' who is new to building and he kind of messed up the head of one of the rivets. He wants to know if this is something thats ok to leave as is or does it need to be drilled out? Its the rivet in the top right that looks like its cloning itself. :eek:

... ok it was me :(

IMG_3934.JPG

Brian,

Very funny, looks like 829GW just had a baby.......
Where on the 10 is that part located?
And yes, drill out that rivet and maybe a couple more.

The pic is of the spar web extension piece that attaches to the end of the wing spar. I have already drilled out the bad one and will take a second look at the other rivets pointed out. Thanks for all the good feedback everyone.

Bad 470's

Key for me was to intently keep pressure on the rivet gun until it has completely stopped operating. Guard can help too. Keep on going!

You may find it helpful at first to operate the rivet gun in short bursts of 1/2 second or so - then review the position of both the gun and the bucking bar, get it all squared up, give it another 1/2 second squeeze, etc. This will prevent you from picking the gun up off the work (or allowing it to bounce up) before the trigger is released, which is exactly what causes the problems you're seeing there.

Just the same as you have to keep flying the airplane until it's completely stopped, you also have to keep paying attention to the rivet gun until it's completely quiet.