Hello to all and happy holidays. I'm purchasing an RV-8 and would like to know is there any way to get the canopy tinted. It is a finished plane. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys

maybe?

Here's my $.02
Because of the extreme compound curvature, no transparent tint film that I know of can be applied without seams. Even then, it would take a master applicator to do it.
let's say you just wanted to do just the very top, this might be an option.

I don't know of anything that can be coated or 'painted' on that would be optically acceptable for looking thru. I once 'tinted' the windshield on a drag bike to match the paint job. Basically, I took the translucent lacquer paints that we spray on the back of plexi illuminated signage, mixed in a LOT of clear, and built up about 30 coats of this on the inside of his windshield, fading from almost solid colour at the bottom, to totally clear at the top.
The piece was only about 12" x 12", and there was still enough distortion in the painted area to make you 'bug-eyed'! Fine for 10 seconds at a time though!

good luck!

I once found an article online about tinting plexi with dyes for cloth. I can't remember how it was though, sorry. Info is out there.