SlowJoe

I was wondering if there is a need (desire) for a sticky thread that would list all the "gotcha's" for each model. From what I have seen so far, there seems to be a lot of places where following the directions exactly can get you into trouble.

For Example, I copied the following sentence from an old post: "The next part I had to watch out for was R-710. Trim it about an 1/8" larger than the trim detail on DWG 7. I'm also a member of the 2 trim tab club."

I wish there was a place to collect this type of warning, so that I could peruse it prior to starting on a particular part. I have run across many such warnings, but I see them randomly, and cannot access them in any type of systematic fashion.

I would love to see a place where I could look and see "whatch out for this, this and this on the 7 empanage" Since the posts already exist, is there an easy way to tag them so that they could be gathered into one master list?

Me too! I was thinking of a Wiki site...but the little I looked into it, it didn't seem very easy to create or update. Maybe a facebook site?

I was imagining something layed out by section or even page number. That way I could review the gotcha's before starting a new section/page.

Hope this comes to fruition.

-Jim

There is a sticky thread in the RV-3 Forum here that was started by Andy Hill and attempts to collect those kinds of things for that model. The problem I find is that it is hard to determine what should be posted there, and what shouldn't the RV-3 is mostly "making up the details" anyways, and what what person considers a moderately interesting tip, others might think is painfully obvious - and vice versa. And what some folks consider a good modification, others might think is a disaster waiting to happen. So figuring out what to post has always been an issue.

I'm not saying it's not a great conceptual idea, but at least I have found it hard to put in to actual practice.

Paul

Along the lines of what Paul said, you could never really be sure that "all" the gotchas have been captured and you'll want to keep searching anyway.

Having said that, I'm currently doing my best to compile a set of notes of things I'm learning from this forum and elsewhere that I'll use along side the build instructions for my -9A. I'll certainly post it when I'm ready and make it available to anybody who wants it but it would have the caveat that you should still do your own research.

Cheers,