Yes There Is

I have been going through it as I am getting ready to
install the 4000 to go with my GRT EFIS.
You can go to GRT site and it's listed under support documents.
Title: Model 4000/6000 Engine Information System User's Manual

I spent a lot of time trying to figure it out also, but if your using it with a EFIS you set all the alarms and limits in the EFIS, not the EIS. I wasted a bunch of time before I figured that out! Now the only thing I ever push buttons on it is to tweak the FLO-CAL settings once in a while.
The EIS seems much more complicated then I needs to be, except that also makes it more flexible.
Tim

Actually I set alarms in both the EIS and the EFIS since GRT doesn't provide a yellow arc alarm. I set the alarm on the safe side in the EFIS (would normally be the beginning of the yellow arc) and set the alarm at the red line value in the EIS. This way when a parameter is starting to get out of safe range, it will be announced on the EFIS. If it continues and reaches red line value, it will be announced on the EIS red light.

I also made a page in the EFIS checklist that lists each parameter and its approved values. For example, for oil temp, "ITEM OT G 190-230 Y 230-266 R 266 %24%". The %24% shows me the current value of oil temp. I don't use this page often but it is handy to have.

Jim Butcher
Europa XS