AX-O

Well Known Member
I searched here and on the GRT board. No joy. Is there such thing as a Hobbs and Tach time on the GRT displays? Specifically the Sport.

Is the time shown on the lower right of the engine RPM gauge, the "tach time"? Right now I am looking at a "0" without units.

Is the time shown on the log book page the Hobbs time?

Thanks for any help.

Not sure about the sport, but I suspect there is.

As I recall, it is actually generated by the EIS, and displays on the EFIS. You can set the start time with various parameters, such as RPM, or oil pressure.

Look under the tach dial, 46.8 is showing. This is also viewable on the EIS----------unless you have it buried away under the panel somewhere;)

DSC06106.jpg

Last edited:
Assuming the Sport works the same as the Hx/HS:
The logbook page shows flight time, defined as time when indicated airspeed exceeds some value, I think it's 25 knots.
You can also display 'engine time', which you get to define on the EIS by setting a minimum RPM above which the clock runs. Set the minimum to 50 and it essentially reads Hobbs time. Set minimum to 1750 and it reads only time well above idle.

The total time display on the EIS is Tach Time and will send that data to the EFIS which shows by the RPM gauge. What shows on the EFIS log book is flight time based on the parameters you set on start and stop RPM and is done in the EFIS settings. I wouldn't call it "Hobbs" because depending on the settings it will short you logable time.

Last edited:
And on the engine page of the EIFS, it has a field "oil time" which is the same as hobb time but it is resetable. I dont reset mine to use it as the total time.

Thanks guys. I was just trying to figure out what time to use during Phase I testing (if that ever happens :mad:) to document the progress towards the 40 hrs.