638RS

Well Known Member
There is a rumor going around that they may be pulling out of the aviation market and I was curious if they had a booth at the show

I went through all 4 large vendor buildings and didn't see them. That doesn't mean they weren't there, but I did have my eyes open for them and think I'd have seen 'em if they were there.

It will be VERY disappointing if they leave the market.

Lowrance

I did not see them there either. Will be a shame if they leave the market (and pricing) to Garmen. I like my 600c. Actually if Lowrance would have incorperated XM weather they could maybe have competed.

I did not see them there either. Will be a shame if they leave the market (and pricing) to Garmen. I like my 600c. Actually if Lowrance would have incorperated XM weather they could maybe have competed.

My 600C got toasted during installation in my panel. Sent it back for the $165 exchange a month and a half ago. Check was immediately cashed and after enquiring Was told they won't have any exchange units until the middle of August. It would be nice to get my replacement so I can use it as a backup to the 696 I just bought. I am not holding my breath:confused:

They will not have weather or private airports.
I'm currently running the 2000c and am very happy with the features & functionality except the exclusion of private airports.

They've always told me their techs do not have that on their future plans.

They did have a corner booth. I went to it and found a guy selling YOUR pilot ticket on a plaque. He told me that Lowrance was a "no show" so he got the spot. He also said that they were getting out of the aviation business..................FWIW......

ps..... I have four of their units and they have been flawless..........