skyyking

Does one need to be computer savvy to use this tool? How much online time is required? Are the entries tedious? Do you recommend it?

Thank you!

Kitlog

I love my kitlog pro. Easy to use. Everything in one place. It is completely offline; uploading to the online website is entirely optional and happens at the click of a button whenever you like. Space to add more than three photos per record would be handy sometimes. And multiple entries per day do not always appear in true chronological order (by time). Would also be nice to have HTML/RTF formatting of the text entry rather than plain text too. But these are very minor niggles. I can't think of a much easier way of doing it. Unless you want to do the whole 'web' thing manually, which I considered briefly and then decided against; too much hassle.

Kitlog pro

I also Love Kitlog Pro. I've seen just about all ways of keeping the logs for building. I know HTML, I use Microsoft Excel.... Kitlog Pro gives you many additional features that would be cumbersome with other tools. First of all you get many tools built in like Maintenance, Reaserch and resourses (Advisory Circulars, FAA Regs), Inspections, keeping track of first flight info and thats on top of the Builders Log which IMHO Top notch. The functionality for logging each project is very Customizable in that you can add any catagory for any step of the project. I spend about 15 Minutes each night after building. I upload my pictures to my PC, fill in a few words of process, log the pictures and that's it. I also upload Mykitlog to their webpage. This accomplishes two things, One, it give others a chance to see my build and Two, off site storage for backup, all included in the price. Did I say it was easy to use? Yes very easy.

I just started using it a couple weeks ago, and I really like it. It's very easy to upload the pictures onto the computer after building, then upload the log to the internet. I'm really happy with how little time I have to spend to keep everything up to date as I work on the parts. Nice to have it backed up on the net as well. There are alsok a lot of really nice features that I haven't even explored yet.

skyyking said:
Does one need to be computer savvy to use this tool? How much online time is required? Are the entries tedious? Do you recommend it?

Thank you!

You're computer savy enough to post this question so you'll have no problems with Kitlog. Zero online time is required. Entries aren't tedious at all. Yes, I highly recommend it. I've kept building logs using Word, Excel, and paper (yes, a good old fashioned legal pad) and Kitlog is the easiest.

Rat

I used the Kit log when I built my 7A. It was great for tracking the cost and the weight and balance info. It produces a nice report for your inspection and you can sort info to track how much time you spent on any given area facet of the project. Great program and very economical. It is extremely easy to use.

Roberta