Webb

Well Known Member
Sponsor
I'm wondering if it is my imagination or does IMC seem worse this year that previous years?

It seems like the cells are bigger with more intensity but darn it, it seems like every time I go someplace, I have to file IFR to get there or get back. I can't remember when the last time was that I got to enjoy an entire trip when it was severe clear and enjoyed the view. Cloud surfing is fun occaissionally but not every time I go someplace.......

It's been so long since Houston has had meaningful clouds or rain, I think it might just be your imagination! I haven't had to file for months, and we've put some significant miles on the Val.....

You're right though - the central and southeast seem to be getting clobbered more often than is fair.

Paul

I see it as a useful exercise. Weather as an engineering process... I welcome the adventure with the intent to come home alive and happy every time. I freely admit that I'm a newbie, hence the latter part of that equation including the "happy" constant. IFR current is the way to be :).