RV7Factory

Chief Obfuscation Officer
For the past few weeks my next door neighbor has been driving by looking, with peaked interest, into my garage to see what's going on in there. Last night he walked over to for a closer look.

He stuck his head in and said, "Building an airplane huh?" (he knew I was pilot). Before I could comment he took a look at the plans hanging on the wall and said, "Holy #$*!, it's an RV!" Puzzled by his enthusiasm I responded, "You know of them?" He said, "I grew up in Oregon, and Richard VanGrunsven was our neighbor. My dad was friends with him."

He then went on to say, "I remember one summer when Richard SUCKERED my dad and I into driving all his stuff in a van to Oshkosh and back, while he flew there in his RV-3."

I just thought it was a bit ironic and humorous.

Sometimes it's a small world.

I was walking around Oshkosh last week and met Tim Elliot who's one of the head honchos at American Legend Aircraft Company. Very nice and very proud of their new plane, the Legend Cub. After spending considerable time with him asking about their facilities and the quality of their product, I came away very impressed. In my opinion, it seems to be a well built plane.

Yesterday I was filling in my mom about some of the highlights on my trip and mentioned the Legend Cub. She goes "Oh, didn't you know? You cousin Tommy works for them. He works on the electronics."

If I only had a relative that worked at Vans =)

Lee

Lee,

You are correct, it is a very small world. Last week at Osh, my wife and I were walking down the flightline meandering through the aircraft waiting for SS1/WK arrival and I walked around a wing and ran into an Air Force (I am Navy) guy that I worked with in Japan a few years ago! Figure the odds. :) If I had been one aircraft row away or looked left vice right I would have missed him. Ended up having dinner with him before he left the next day. Very small world, but aviation makes it smaller.

Take care,

Jim