mannanj

Well Known Member
Just saw Paul on NASA TV after the Daily Highlights portion of the Shuttle Flight.

Paul: you gotta have the best job available in the world!!!!!!!!!!! (Other than going into space.)

Having lived in that world for 30 Years and being retired, I'm still totally mesmerised by Space Flight.

Other than???

Paul: you gotta have the best job available in the world!!!!!!!!!!! (Other than going into space.)

If Paul wasn't conspicuously absent from the forums during this mission, I think he would say he has the best job available in the world, bar none. Afterall, he's gotten to fly dozens of missions (far more than those folks in space) AND he tell the folks up there what to do. It is the one thing that keeps him willingly out of the Valkyrie, although he did get a quick "fix" yesterday.

Louise

My Public Affairs Officer will be happy when I tell him that the NASA TV Channel has at least TWO viewers!!;)

Middle of the night shifts, gotta love em.....but yes, the Shuttle program has been (and continues to be) a heck of a ride!

Paul

Four. I know Greg Chamitoff through my former roommate. They went to MIT together back in the 90's. We call it 'Greg TV.'

Space

Just finished watching the first episode of "When We Left Earth" on the Discovery Channel. Didn't really get involved in the Maned Space program until the Apollo Flights (14 through 17).

I was involved in the unmaned flights from Vandenberg AFB from 65 through 85, then some while I worked Civil Service after I retiered from the USAF from 89-91.

I was behind the camera filming in some of the stuff you see on the Discovery Channel and the Military Channel.

Wonderful memories, but i still love my RV-8!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!