RV-4

Well Known Member
Hello Gents

I just traded my Blackberry for one of Apple's toy and I've been trying to get the Iphone to find my Bose A20 via Bluetooth so I can answer a call while airborne but the new toy simply cannot find the A20 like the Blackberry did..:eek:

Is there something I should do to get it to see the Bose??

Thank you

Bruno
[email protected]

Hello Gents

I just traded my Blackberry for one of Apple's toy and I've been trying to get the Iphone to find my Bose A20 via Bluetooth so I can answer a call while airborne but the new toy simply cannot find the A20 like the Blackberry did..:eek:

Is there something I should do to get it to see the Bose??

Thank you

Bruno
[email protected]

First question:
Is Bluetooth turned on on the iPhone?

2nd question:
Has the iPhone been paired with the A20?

Here are the instructions to pair with the A20.
http://worldwide.bose.com/productsupport/en_us/web/article_477_pairing_bluetooth_device/page.html

Here are instructions to pair an iPhone to a Bluetooth device.
http://www.iphonefaq.org/archives/97920

I hope this helps.

I don't know why, but my iphone has the same problem finding bluetooth toys sometimes (A20 and Garmin GLO included). I've found what helps is:

Double click the home button, the apps that are open will pop up on the bottom.

Touch and hold one of the open icons until a little red circle with a white line pops up on all the icons (and they wiggle around). Touching the red circle will close the app, otherwise it's running continuous in the back ground.

Close all apps.

Reboot phone.

Works 9 times out of 10 for me.

Double click the home button, <SNIP>
Touch and hold one of the open icons until a little red circle with a white line pops up on all the icons/ <SNIP>

Close all apps.

Reboot phone.

Sheesh.. Did Apple subcontract the OS to some joint in Washington? (Mickeysoft) :D

Last edited:
IPHONE & BLUETOOTH

Hello Gents

Thanks a lot for the info, I will check this out first chance I get.

Gary : Yes Bluetooth was set to ''ON '' on the headset and the IPhone but I didn't do this ( Never needed to with my BBerry..
----------
4.Put the headset in pairing mode by pressing and holding the Bluetooth? function button on the control module for at least five seconds. The Bluetooth? LED will begin to flash slowly
-------------
I've got a feeling it will work next time I try it.

Thanks again

Cheers

Bruno

Just had a similar issue. I had replaced my phone and the A20 didn't pair up.

Called bose and they had me clear the A20 memory by (if I remember correctly) holding down the up and down volume buttons on the side of the headset control for 5 sec. Not the rotary ones, but the timy ones on the side. After that, it paired up fine with the new phone.

BT

Often, devices like headsets will put themselves in pairing mode automatically for the first pairing. After that they're a little more hesitant the second time around and you have to do something special to get them in the mood. Sorta like a second marriage...

IPHONE VS BLUETOOTH

Hello Gents

DR.DESTRUCTO: Thanks for the info,I'll try that on my next visit to the hangar...

K.C : Yeah, it always easier the first time in just about anything then you have to do something special to get them in the mood ;)

Cheers

Bruno