ccsmith51

Well Known Member
I posted this in the GPS section, but I'm not sure that everyone that might have an answer visits there, so thought I would repost it here, too. Moderators, if a duplicate post is an issue, please delete the one in the GPS section...

I have a 32 GB wi-fi only iPad2 (no GPS). I also have a USGlobalsat 359C Bluetooth GPS receiver that I used with my Anywhere Map IPAQ system. The 359C is a very good receiver, but the iPad2 Bluetooth stack does not support the 359C

I have read that I can jailbreak my iPad2 and install a program that will reset the Bluetooth stack so that it will pair with the 359C. It sounds rather uncomplicated and I am thinking of attempting it.

But before I do, I thought I would poll the collective VAF intelligence to see if anyone has any thoughts, or experience, with performing this exercise. Also, any downsides of a jailbreak that I should be aware of?

Thanks,

Last edited:
Ive had experience using BTstack (I think that was the name of it) It was effortless to setup as I recall, as was the jailbreak process.

The only reason I stopped using the jailbreak option is because I purchased a GDL-39 which does not require jailbreaking. If I did not have this, I would do it again in a heartbeat.

Since I posted this I have read that since I upgraded to IOS 6.1.3 I cannot jailbreak. Does anyone know if that is the case?