jchang10

Well Known Member
http://forums.aopa.org/showthread.php?p=1666911#post1666911

I posted about this on the AOPA forum where Hilton monitors, but he must be on vacation.

Are there any other WingX users who can verify or discount what i am seeing?

Attached an image. Rim fire TFR should be right in the center. skyvector shows it as TFR 3/4707. I dont see it listed in the TFR database. database is current. anybody seeing the same or different in WingX?

This is very disconcerning if I dont actually see all the TFRs. This is on Ipad1. Maybe an ipad1 specific issue?

2013-08-23

Last edited:
Thanks. This is the craziest thing. It finally appeared just now. I literally checked before posting. Nothing. Read your reply. Checked again. There it is several days later.

I checked the TFR database and everything, which all said updated in the last 4 minutes.

Oh well, I think I will stop drinking coffee for a while.

Thanks again for checking for me.

I too have wing X. It shows now, but did not show yesterday, nor was the notam in the usual list of CA TFRs.
For some reason it was late with this one.

Same same. Was missing three or four TFRs that were established after the most recent download, but it seems to be OK now.

Wow. Okay, so i wasn't going crazy after all. Good to know!

It is frustrating to say the least and disconcerning not being able to trust something for info so vital like active TFRs.

I hope Hilton is able to respond in time to identify the problem.

Missing info?

I have not experienced this, however, after all updates I have always shutdown the app and restarted it in the belief that it won't be able to find the new info without doing this.

I have no basis in fact for doing this, it just seemed reasonable.

Any computer gurus out there that can tell me if is is a necessary step?

I recently noticed that (I believe) WingX will only display active TFRs, not pending TFRs. I was looking for that huge Presidential TFR in western NY, Northern PA last week and was concerned that I did not see it in WingX, but there it was on the FAA website. However, it appeared in WingX once it was actually active.

Is there any chance that you were looking for the TFR prior to it actually being active?

-Dj

In the past...

We tend here in SoCal to get more than our fair share of POTUS TFRs (no editorial comment). WingX has displayed them as pending prior to their activation.

Same issue for me...

I was talking to a buddy in Reno about the smoke from the Rim fire on Friday. I immediately went to WingX to look at the TFRs. It didn't show for a couple days for me either.
I had this happen before a couple years ago, too.

No chance. It was definitely active according to the TFR database as well as active firefighting and water drops for currently the biggest fire in CA with up to 600 ft or more columns of fire!!!

Okay. Sounds like filing a bug report with WingX is in order to ensure that they are aware of the issue.

Last edited:
Update

Just received an update to WingX Pro, v.7.1.1.0. One of the fixes was installation of new TFR engine to ensure real time display.

Good one! Thanks, Hilton.