N355DW

Well Known Member
I just installed the newest release of the iPad operating system about a week ago.

Yesterday my brother was in for Thanksgiving, and when I tried to show him how WingX Pro works, lo and behold the databases were deleted!

I have 64 gb and plenty of memory left on my iPad, and I had just downloaded new databases about two weeks ago, so they were up to date.

I can only think installing the new OS deleted the databases, so a word to the wise.

I did a search on this topic and found nothing, but if it has come up before I apologize!

Yes, this was all discussed several weeks ago. I am not a Mac guru by any means, but I think you can seacrh for "OS5" (if I rememebr correctly) and find some threads.

Paul

I can not speak to iOS 5 and it's ability to do an incremental over-the-air update but if you did the full OS update like w have done with all of the prior iOS 4.x releases, then "YES" it clears out everything and the "restore" process does not bring back the chart data for applications like ForeFlight and WingX Pro.

No luck on the searches.

The problem came from installing v5.0.1

I suspect every time you install a new OS it will erase the database, as the app is the probably theonly thing that is backed up on your computer, not the database. I will call Hilton to find out for sure. Seems an important item to know.

Mine did the same thing, wingx got deleted. Email them and they will walk you through a reinstall. Larry