rv7boy

Forum Peruser
I thought I would offer an unsolicited recommendation for a kneeboard that works well with the iPad in the pilot's cockpit.

There are many kneeboards on the market that no doubt work well with the iPad. I considered several and do admit I haven't bought and used but one. There very well may be several that are better than the one I bought.

But there are several reasons for you to consider the AvPad: http://www.picsupplies.com/
-As the name implies, the AvPad is designed for the Aviator.
-They offer models to fit all three versions of the iPad.
-The AvPad is made in America.
-It straps around the leg with a Velcro strap to secure it in flight.
-The sleep feature works with the AvPad, which is not the case with most iPad Kneeboards.
-A portion of each sale is donated to the Pilots 'N Paws animal rescue program. :D
-The AvPad works as advertised.
-It can be used outside the airplane as an everyday iPad case and offers some protection should you drop it.

I'm happy with my purchase. :)

I do admit I've only used mine in the Cessna, and it may be less easy to use it in the RV because of the stick. You may have to strap it on your left leg or strap it to the right leg and invert the display and lock it with the little button on the side just above volume buttons so the cover falls to the right side. (Easier to do than to describe.)

Since I did not see another thread on iPad kneeboards, I thought I'd start this one. You are welcomed to add your selection and why you like your choice. I was amazed at the number of iPad kneeboards available, but most are not aimed at the aviation market.

Last edited:
minimalist ipad

After multiple iterations of mounts and holders of various size and complexity, i have ended up with the most basic of Ipad solutions. It was 20 bucks and consists of a elastic strap and two little clasps that hold the Ipad in place on the thigh. My Ipad now rests on my left thigh,with a clipboard on my right. The simple strap allows easy repositioning or even picking up of the Ipad to adjust for viewing. It is also in the blast from the side vent for cooling. I will look for a link to this product, or take a picture of it. I got it at OSH last year. I've found that for Ipad mounts, less is more.:)
http://www.pilotmall.com/product/iPad-Leg-Strap/ipad-mounts

I thought I paid $20 for it, this link was the first I found, got to be cheaper out there.

Last edited:
iPad leg strap

I have the same one Bill mentioned...bought on Amazon and it is AWESOME. Great for use in and out of the cockpit. A must buy IMO.