I have a problem with a rough running engine that is having everyone here tearing their hair out with frustration.

I have an RV7 fitted with an IOF-360 A1B6 200p Angle Valve engine (Aerosance FADEC controlled), The engine was built around 4 years ago and we are in the initial test flying phase, and have flow around 3 hours so far.

The symptoms are:

? Cruising at 25 square ? smooth as silk and pulling like a train.

? Prop at 2500 rpm, pull back manifold pressure, continually smooth until manifold pressure drops below around 19-20 inches and then engine starts running rough and cylinder 2 and 3 EGTs drop to nothing. Cylinders 1 and 4 appear to be running perfectly.

? Continue to pull back the manifold pressure and engine starts running very smoothly again below around 14 inches.

? Increase throttle and again above approx 19 inches engine runs very very smoothly.

After consulting several licensed engineers in this country we checked the compressions and dry valve clearances; all of which were spot on. We pulled the rockers off cylinders 3 and 4 and ?tapped? the exhaust valve stems to try and clear the valve seats to see if that would make any difference. The symptoms stayed the same.

I am putting feelers out everywhere (including Lycoming who now own the FADEC system), but wondered if anyone on this wonderful forum had any ideas.

Thanks in desperation!

Mark

"I am putting feelers out everywhere (including Lycoming who now own the FADEC system), but wondered if anyone on this wonderful forum had any ideas."

Teledyne now owns Aerosance.

Regards,

Jason