jetdoc31

Ok, you engine guys....I have a question on the IO540C4B5. Can wide deck cyclinders be used on a narrow case? I understand the differences of angle valve and parallel valve cylinders. Can some set me straight? thanks

Whoa whoa whoa...

Wide deck vs Narrow deck isn't the same as Angle vs Parallel. If i'm not mistaken, wide deck cylinders can't be installed on a narrow deck engine without modification.

Angle valve cylinders CAN be installed on a Parallel bottom.

cylinders

I've heard the same thing as Oxyuser regarding interchangeability. I recently read in one of these threads that you can put angle valve cylinders on a parallel valve case. Steve

Wide deck cylinders will NOT fit on a narrow deck case and consequently narrow deck cylinders WON'T fit on a wide deck case!!!!!!!
Good Luck,
Mahlon
?The opinions and information provided in this and all of my posts are hopefully helpful to you. Please use the information provided responsibly and at your own risk."

I misunderstood the question... thought the OP was asking if angle valve cyl's can fit parallel valve cases.

Thanks guys...my "engine" only consists of a yellow tagged case and crank. Everything else still needs purchased....