tmcguff

I'm looking for data to create an IO-320D1A horsepower table for my Advanced Flight Systems 3500 EFIS. If you have the EFIS you will be familiar with the format. The table can be configured with as many entries as desired but the AFS example for an O-320 includes data starting at 2000 rpm and goes to 2700 rpm. Each row includes RPM and manifold pressure at 55% and 75% power. In addition there is data for a horsepower delta at various altitudes starting at 2000 and going to 14000. Any help would be appreciated.

That sounds like the same format that GRT uses.

Sorry I don't have an IO-320, but I got my data from the Lycoming provided altitude performance chart from my IO-360. Left hand side for sea level and right hand (after some cypherin') for the altitude deltas. I recommend you do it that way too. I originally made the assumption that a parallel 360 was a parallel 360 and initially used O-360 data posted by GRT. It was not even close for my engine. When checking the charts while in the craft at altitude, I was 5 to 8 percent low (per RPM and MP against the chart) when indicating 75% on the EFIS. Redid the numbers myself (no fudging, straight from the charts) and now the Efis % matches the Lyc chart spot on. (And then I made book cruise numbers, too)

Last edited: