Tnikkel5

I am currently working on an rv-8 quick build and have a really good deal on a IO-360 angle valve engine. I was just wondering if anyone out there is running this engine with a catto 3 blade prop. My thought with is setup is first of all initial cost is less then CS and second the light prop. Would off set the heavier engine. I'm interested in seeing weight and balance of this setup and performance. Also just I have the grove aluminum landing and plan on putting an odyssey battery in the back. I am not looking to start a engine prop. Debate so please don't go there. Thanks!

I am currently working on an rv-8 quick build and have a really good deal on a IO-360 angle valve engine. I was just wondering if anyone out there is running this engine with a catto 3 blade prop. My thought with is setup is first of all initial cost is less then CS and second the light prop. Would off set the heavier engine. I'm interested in seeing weight and balance of this setup and performance. Also just I have the grove aluminum landing and plan on putting an odyssey battery in the back. I am not looking to start a engine prop. Debate so please don't go there. Thanks!

I have a Catto 66x78 three blade on my IO-360-A3B6D and love it. Weight and balance is great and I have my Odyssey PC625 in the back. WOT at 4000' = 190kts, but I'm able to tool around at 150kts burning about 7.5 g/hr

I have a Catto 66x78 three blade on my IO-360-A3B6D and love it. Weight and balance is great and I have my Odyssey PC625 in the back. WOT at 4000' = 190kts, but I'm able to tool around at 150kts burning about 7.5 g/hr

Thanks for the response. Those are good numbers. Anyone else have a similar set up?

I am also in the same boat here (Picked up a cheap 200hp but don't really want a CSU), will be watching this post with interest!