Cfrisella

Well Known Member
Who can tell me what's the best source for finding all the bolt torque specifications on a new IO-360. Will one of aircraft spruce's lycoming manuals do? If so, can I get away with the owners man., or do I need to drop the cash on the overhaul manual. I have the operating manual that Teledyne/Matt. supplies, but it's very limited in this aera. Better yet, just a list of all the bolts and nuts with their torque requirements would work. Is this list out there somewhere?

The parts manual...

... has parts drawings and part numbers. Your book choice for the 360 engine series will be narrowed down to wide deck or narrow deck.

If the cylinder base nuts are hex head, then you have a wide deck. If they are internal hex sockets, then you have a narrow deck.

I believe the narrow deck came first, and as the power increased on these 4 cylinder engines and the cylinder bores became larger, a beefier base was required. This resulted in the wide deck design.

There is a seperate document called "Service Table of Limits and Torque Value Recommendations". I do not remember if it comes with the Parts Manual or the Service Manual. I have found all of the documents useful.