Skip Forster

I'm New Here
Anyone have pictures of how you routed/supported the EGT and CHT wires to the cylinders on an IO-360 to keep them separate from the ignition harness? I'm looking for ideas. Thanks.

Skip

My probes are secured to the intake tubes down to and along the sump flange starting at #4, go around the front and up the back side of the motor mount and pass thru the firewall. Upper right side.
My ignition wires pass thru the firewall upper left, secured to motor mounts and cross over on top.
No picks, but I hope this helps.

Zip tie in a tube stand-off trick. Tied to the ignition wires near their clamps. Just keep an eye on the tubes as they split sometimes.
D8B3505F-9FE3-4018-85EF-25BA28C59563.png

This is how I did it on the right side. On the left I ran them via adel clamps attached to the sump bolts so they're inside the pipes and the plug wires are on the outside. How you route the fat wire to the starter & B-lead to the alternator Impacts what options you have.

Attachments

• IMG_8853.jpeg
    IMG_8853.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 47
I notice that the RV-14 has them bundled with the ignition wires. https://www.vansaircraft.com/faq/rv-14-firewall-forward-360-view/

Mine are bundled with the ignition wires - no issues.

Thats all well and good for conventional magnetos. But If you have P-mags the ignition wires aren't shielded. There's at least the potential for that to cause problems. In fact, P-mag tells you very specifically that the ignition wires have to be separated from each other due to the potential for them to cross-fire.

Micky, I'm glad it worked out for you to do it that way and maybe I over thought it, but I decided it to route my sensor wires separately because it just didn't feel right to have them snuggled up to a bunch of angry electrons like that.

Last edited:
Not sure if you've already drilled for the exhaust probes. On my RV-7 Superior IO-360 with Pmags, I actually drilled the holes on the inboard side of the exhaust pipes and run both the CHT and EGT leads along each side of the sump bolts supporting them with Adel clamps then to the motor mounts. We just did this on my sons RV-7 that he's building recently. Never had a problem