Yes, it should work fine. Same as the IO-360-A1A, but with a plugged crankshaft (FP prop as installed in a musketeer.)

no C/S prop

So I wouldn't be able to run a constant speed prop? is there some where I can look up the definitions for varies lycomings? Thanks again for you're help.

Its not too difficult to convert FP to CS (google for the Lyc SB) - as long as the basic engine is capable, from Osxuser's post it seems this one will be. You will have to buy a governor drive adapter, a pipe and a bung or two.

Somewhere on the Lyc website is a description of what all the letters mean. There used to be a description sent out in the kit instruction book - if you don't have one find a builder nearby who has been building for several years.

Pete

Engine Decoder

The Finish Kit portion of my plans has an engine chart (Chapter 11).

The IO-360-A2B decodes as:
200 hp @ 2700 rpm
100/100LL
8.70:1 compression
Bendix fuel injection, tuned induction
Fixed pitch
1200 series impulse magnetos

I can't tell from the chart whether or not the crank is hollow/solid...so don't know if it can be converted to constant speed.

Mike

IO-360-A2B for RV 8A

Thanks for all your help. I have been looking on e-bay for the rite engine for the RV8A I am building and found this one. I like the option to go C/S so I don't know if this is it. Thanks again.