nmontei

I acctually have 2 questions, the first is what should the Cylinder head and exsaust red line and yellow line of a IO-360-A1A be. My 2nd question is when I idal the engine I'm getting a backfire, only when I have it set to full idal, If I give it any RPM at all the backfireing stops compleatly. Any Ideas?

Thank you very much for the help.
Nick

Sometimes the idle backfire is caused by leaking exhaust near the cylinders or short exhaust stacks with no mufflers.
Max CHT is 500F try to keep the cht between 150F and 400F during cruise operation.
Good Luck,
Mahlon
"The opinions and information provided in this and all of my posts are hopefully helpful to you. Please use the information provided responsibly and at your own risk."

500 is CHT redline. There is no published red line for EGT. Try 1550. Yellow for CHT could be 420 to 500. and below 150. Look hard for that exhaust leak and make sure the idle speed mixture is set correctly.
Good Luck,
Mahlon
?The opinions and information provided in this and all of my posts are hopefully helpful to you. Please use the information provided responsibly and at your own risk."

Thanks Mahlon,

Your reply to this post saved you a reply to the email I was getting ready to send you. :)

G

CHT's below 380 is IDEAL for cylinder life, but up to 420 in the climb seems to be acceptable (as Mahlon said). If they get above 420 at any point in your normal operation I would do something about it.