RV-3Bravo

Well Known Member
I haven't heard many people jumping on this engine. I hope they are still selling them by the time I am ready for my purchase. I see a bunch of advantages with this motor. Anyone out there have plans to purchase?

It's on my short list.

I started a thread on this engine in the traditional engines forum, and the response I got was pretty slim. There aren't any flying yet that I know of, but Robbie Attaway would know more.

XIO-340

I think I'm going to get one, after talking with them at LOE. I liked their answers to my questions, and unlike Superior, they do not charge you more if you want to come and assemble the engine yourself! Also, I'm not sold on the roller cam followers that others use, but they (ECI) use extra oil spray bars and nozzles at the camshaft lobes and piston undersides.

oil nozzles on piston skirt

ron, I recently purchased the eci io360 parllel valve, they are not recommending the spray nozzels for under 200hp due to complaints of lower oil pressure indications. The angle valve 200 hp engines have a high volume oil pump which works fine. At least that is the story I recieved.