Pmerems

Well Known Member
Advertiser
Gents,

Those of you out there with RV-6/7/8 with an inverted pickup in your tank(s) you maybe able to help.

I am finishing the fuel line plumbing to the fuel tanks on my RV-7A (wings are on temperorily). I am building the fuel line per the plans. I began feeding and bending the fuel line to the inverted pickup tube bulkhead fitting on the tank. After just about completing the routing I was ready to flare the fuel tank end of the line when it occurred to me that I might have some trouble actually putting the tank on with this continuous fuel line. So I tried to install the tank and found that I indeed could not get in on due to the line interfering with the fuel tank forward attach bracket.

Am I missing something? A simple fix would be to cut the fuel line and install a AN coupling in the wing root area.

Please enlighten me. What have other done?

Thanks,

Paul

Use a bulkhead fitting

I am going to install a bulkhead fitting at the fuselage and Aeroquip hose from there to the tank. I know plenty of others have done this for ease of installation.

Of course, I already cut a 1" hole in both sides of the fuse for the aluminum tubing, but I think I will just pop rivet a cover plate over those holes and install the bulkhead fitting in that plate.

Roger

Paul

My tank was already attached to the wing so fitting it was straight forward.
I routed the line in one length and used a rubber grommet where it passes through the forward tank attachment.

Peter

Inverted fuel line

Paul,

I ran the fuel line just out of the fuse then did a seperate line with a 90 degree elbow at fuse and straight into flop tube.

Steve

RV7 FF

invertedlinefw8.jpg

Last edited:
Steve

RV7 FF

invertedlinefw8.jpg

This is the picture I've wanted to see for a long time. I haven't found decent pictures from the drawings but this really tells what is between wing and fuselage. Thank you! Anyone have similar picture from another side of the center spar?