penguin

Well Known Member
Patron
Guys,

I am installing an inverted oil system in an O-360, and have wrecked the o-ring on the sump plug that goes on the end of the sump inlet coarse filter (Christen pt no 30002-001). The Christen instructions list the o-ring part no as 50004-111 (a Lycoming part no). Of course I can?t find anyone with one in stock.

Does anyone know of an alternate part number for a 50004-111 O-ring? Needs to be reasonably high temp as it sits at the bottom of the sump.

I wrecked the o-ring as I inserted it into sump bore ? it was a little stiff so I hit it with a mallet = shredded rubber! Any advice on how to avoid a similar fate 2nd time around?

Regards, Pete

OK, I should have updated this a while ago, I found an alternate part number for the O-ring (I'll post it when I can remember what it is), put a little oil on, and it slid in like a charm. I think the old O-ring had become hard and expanded a little aftter stiing in the sump of the old engine for 10 years.

Yeah, an O-360-B1B fitted with an injector - trying to emphasize its a deep sump, not an M1B style sump (although it might not make a difference).

Pete

MS9021-111 or AS3578-111
Good Luck,
Mahlon
?The opinions and information provided in this and all of my posts are hopefully helpful to you. Please use the information provided responsibly and at your own risk."

Superior Sump

For what its worth, I modified my Superior sump a few months ago. I took some photos to help others if needs be. I had to do it kinda blind hoping things would work out. Surprisingly straightforward when I went at it.

I was most worried about the plug, but it fit perfectly and easily. The hardest part was making the hoses.

See Inverted Oil System here: http://picasaweb.google.com/fzvs2f/

Regards,

Andrew,
RV7 EI-EEO
Galway, Ireland.