mashy

Just wondering if anyone has installed the raven inverted oil system on a rv8? If you could send some pictures or post them that would great. It would help me get a feel where the oil lines should go. thanks

I too would love to get a few pictures of this installation, so it would be great if you could just post them to this thread for all who want to see.

I got one on a 7a

Not quite what your looking for but it gives you an idea.

I passed my oil lines very close to the exh pipes (insulated and heat sheilded) and expected to have trouble. So I buried a thermocouple under the insulation around each line...MAx temp I saw was 225F...Not an issue.

Give me your email and I'll send you some pics is=f you like.

Frank

RV7a

Raven

The system is pretty easy to install, the only thing is the fitting on the left side of the sump (the one that goes to the air seperator) need to be a 45deg...the one they supply is normally a 90 deg.

You will then need swept 90 deg fittings for each of the sump take off hoses.

If you got with Aeroquip they will be hideously expensive...I went with Summit fittings and their home grown steel braided rubber type hose....Worked great.

I'll send the pics Monday (work email) cus I have no idea how to post 'em here...I work for HP and I hate computers...:)

Frank