panhandler1956

Well Known Member
All,
I'm into my firewall forward and I would love to see some FWF pictures of fellow RV-8s that have inverted oil. My engine is an IO-360-A1A. My system is an Acro Specialties (no longer in business), but it essentially copies the Christiansen system. The plumbing diagrams for the Christiansen system shows where all the plumbing goes, but doesn't account for an oil cooler. Also, I'm curious where folks mounted the tank and manifold on the firewall.

Thanks in advance!

You could check out the raven website, that is what I have on mine. I don't remember the site, but you should be able to google it. He has some real good diagrams he could email you if you need.

My stuff is on the right side of the firewall, tank on top and valve underneath. If you need, I can take some pictures or see if I have any from my build.

Thanks!

Lance,
Thanks for the pics. I"ll try to post them later.
What about your oil cooler - does it route independant of your inverted oil system? Non of the diagrams or instructions mention it. My engine came off a Pitts S-1S and the oil cooler was plumped into the inverted oil.

My oil cooler is independent of the raven, it goes in and out of the engine in the standard spots, about 10 o'clock and 5 o'clock around the oil filter, looking from the pilot seat.

Makes sense

That makes sense, no wonder Raven or Christiansen didn't mentioned the oil cooler in their materials. Not sure why that was done on this engine's previous installation.
Regards,