When I built my RV-7, I did not expect to do much aerobatics, so I went for Lyc O-360-A1A and non inverted.

Now after going through positive figures after one year of flight, I would be glad to go for inverted system. So buying and istalling inverted oil is practical, but how do you "invert" the fuel for a O-360-A1A? OK the flop tube, but what about the engine?
I mean is it possible or all aerobatics aircraft with negative capability are all with Injection?

Ciao
Luigi

luigi_from_italy said:
I mean is it possible or all aerobatics aircraft with negative capability are all with Injection?

Yes or at least an Ellison like carb. If you want to convert an O-360 for the lowest cost/hassle the Ellison might be the best way to go.

We have kits to convert your carbureted engine to fuel injection. Kit P/N 8000014 has all the parts necessary to convert the engine to fuel injection including the high pressure electric boost pump and fuel filter. We can include the high pressure engine driven fuel pump if you like also. This kit fits in the same place as the carb. There are no modifications to the cowling required and the adapters are provided to connect to the existing Van's filter box. The kit is $3236.00 and has all the hoses, mounting clamps, nozzle lines and brackets to complete the installation. You can contact us at [email protected] if you require more information about our products.

Inverted fuel

Luigi,

I did what you are wanting to do with my -A1A. I used a Raven inverted oil system (~US$500) plus a used Ellison TBI (EFS-4-5 new ~US$1600). No need for high pressure fuel pumps and a purge return line, very simple. I modified the standard carb FAB airbox to accept the TBI, and it all worked fine. ~5lb lighter than Bendix fuel injection as well.