TShort

Well Known Member
Any point in bringing my laptop to OSH?
Is there free / open wireless there? I doubt it will be out in Camp Scholler, but I thought I might bring the laptop anyway (if nothing else for a spot to dump the camera card at the end of the day).

Thomas

No WiFi that I've seen...last year I didnt bother bringing my laptop - one less thing to worry about, and I wanted to travel light anyways (if you can call 30lbs of camera gear light!) I did have 4 gigs of CF cards to download when I got home though! I'm sure if you searched the local area you could find a hot spot to get online though.

EAA, as usually, is a generation behind in figuring out that maybe folks want to log in to the Internet.

I patrolled the grounds yesterday afternoon looking for a "hotspot." Nothing. There is an Internet Cafe in Aeroshell Square but I didn't find anything there either. I think that consists of their own computers and lots of people lined up to check their e-mail. They should have a wireless point there.

I ended up springing for the $40 T*Mobile hot spot so I'm at the Starbuck's down the street now. I just talked to the woman who's running the Starbuck's inside AirVenture and they don't have a hotspoteither.

But I figured since I come out every day to buy ice (cheaper at WalMart), I can pull into the parking lot and check things.

Somebody who's coming to the RV BBQ said he's going to have INternet access at his unit but I'm not sure what sort of deal he has or with whom.

Oh, I forgot to mention, I checked online before I drove down to find the free hot spots. Hopelessly outdated. One was the Ramada in at 1700 South Keillor. When I showed up there yesterday there's a big hole in the ground and a new Sears store going in. Also checked the Applebee's and there was no access there.

The Oshkosh Library apparently has some but I cna't find it; I think it's downtown and I don't want to drive that far.

And apparently Mercy Hospital has it in their lobby. But I haven't reached the depths of desperation yet to drive to the hospital just to use the WiFi. It seems.... wrong.

Bob Collins said:
And apparently Mercy Hospital has it in their lobby. But I haven't reached the depths of desperation yet to drive to the hospital just to use the WiFi. It seems.... wrong.

I got a chuckle out of this Bob, seeing that Thomas is an Emergency Room Doctor. They probably sit around the ER and have spagetti and meatballs just for fun. :eek:

Greatings from Oshkosh

We have internet access in the dorms. Ask for a username and password when you check in.

You can get email but not sent it unless you know how to change your SMTP on your account. Need to change SMTP to: mail.uwosh.edu

I got an error message when I did that but the message when out. Web Mail does work for senging messages in any case.

Will have to look for Doug since he is here.

I hear there are plans to put a 16-ship RV formation in the air tomorrow (Tuesday 25 July). All 16 RVs were at SQI formation clinic and arrived OSH as a 16-ship landing in formation on Sunday. Yes I know there are NO side by side landings in the notam but the fight of 16 was cleared to land as a flight in formation. 4 aircraft set down in formation in 4 flights of four at the same time. The flight lead had made arrangements in advance.

Wonder if EAA will have any photos of tomorrows RV formation on their web site?

See everyone at the RV BBQ Wedneday night.