Darren Kerns

Well Known Member
Guys,
I need some advice. My left wing landing light is intermittent. I have taken the lense out and pull the light and sanded behind it give a good ground. I then clean it up and reinstall it. It have a put a star washer on it. It is always good and tight. However, my wife and I were flying last night and it was working fine, then it went out. I don't think it is vibration because it is good and tight. What else should I do. I am about to pull my hair out.

Also, I had some fuel running out the top of my wing. I have taken the caps out and tighten them up. I cannot get my caps to turn at all when I put them put back in the wing. I am wondering. I am also careful not to overtighten them either because it will bust the spring inside the cap. Is it time for new cap. My tank was all th way full too. Any advice or help would be appreciated.

Thanks to all,
Darren Kerns
RV8 N214TK

Re: the fuel cap leaks.... if they are leaking around the perimeter you might try putting some fuel lube on the o-rings. That helped me get and was requird for an airtight seal while I was leak-testing the tanks. It might be that you need new o-rings as well if they've been on there for a while. Good luck.