Curtisairfamily

I'm New Here
Any tips on painting your interior? We just got our project. Floorboards are ready to install but I think we will paint them first and route any wires under them. We are going to remove the rudder pedals to do a real nice job painting around them.

Just me

I just finish up doing my interior paint on my 9a prior to forward fuse final riveting. I used the sherwin williams jet flex (solvent based) and it went very well; that paint is very forgiving. I was very nervous, but after a lot of searching here i just followed the sw instructions and it worked out well. I did not use a paint booth or any fancy air compressor set up.

Last edited:
I did all my fuse interior painting prior to riveting; I didn't want to be blowing paint in an assembled fuse, with all the other expensive bits around.

I used S.W. JetFlex WR (water based polyurethane) The stuff is as thick as molasses in the winter (even when thinned 20%), but goes on very easily with a 1.8 mm tip @ 20 PSI at the gun. I really like this stuff; super tough. I used Stewart Systems water based primer under, and am very happy with the results.

Tho, if you want to go this route, buy a gallon in your color of choice. I went by quarts and found one batch to be a noticeably different tone than the others ... girrrr. I probably used 2.5 qts total (about 1/4 of that was left in the gun/hopper on cleanup because the stuff was so thick)

Last edited:
SW Jetflex

I used Jet Flex Solvent based. Sprayed everything that would show before assembly sp the rivet and screw heads would show. Looks awesome.