dinowal

Getting close to having my aircraft ready for weighing. As I attempted to fit the Flightline Interiors baggage carpets & lining I found the top aft panel, the one rounded at the top & marked 'Experimental' will not go in. This is because I have fitted the Tank Vent kit & the tube coming up & going through the rear bulkhead is in the way. The more I look at it I think I will have to cut a piece out of the top starboard side of the panel. Has anyone else found this problem & found another way around it? Cheers & thanks for any suggestions, DEAN...

Dean, I had the same problem. Found a way around it by not installing the panel. :D
I actually left it out to save some weight and because I don't mind the look of the painted bulkhead, but plan B would have been a small cutout.

Thanks Mitch & Robert, Good to know I hadn't missed anything obvious. Will have another look at it, - I am leaning towards Robert's 'radical' solution of not putting the panel in! Cheers, DEAN..

Dean... Thanks for the heads up. I am at the point of installing the wiring so I "installed" the panel, still wrapped in plastic, as a reminder :)

Jeff

managed

After opening the slot for the vent tube at the bottom to about 1" diam, & taking an arm & core strength course, I managed to get it into place. With an extra piece of velcro at the top & left hand side, it fits well, no need for screws, etc. Cheers, DEAN.....