matt.hocker

I'm New Here
I have a Garmin 695 which is connected to my Zaon XRX for traffic information. This works very well.

In looking at the manual for my Garmin SL40 comm radio, I notice that it can be interfaced with the 695 as well.

My question is, can both of these devices be connected simultaneously to the 695?

thanks

I have a Garmin 695 which is connected to my Zaon XRX for traffic information. This works very well.

In looking at the manual for my Garmin SL40 comm radio, I notice that it can be interfaced with the 695 as well.

My question is, can both of these devices be connected simultaneously to the 695?

thanks

Hello Matt,

Yes, please refer to Appendix D of the GPSMAP 695/696 manual.

If you configure the serial port for GTX TIS-A In/NMEA & VHF Out the unit will receive traffic data from a TIS compatible device and transmit frequency data to the SL40.

Steve

Great to hear. One more question, I realized that this is also connected to my Dynon D100 - will this continue to work as well when I add the SL40?

Great to hear. One more question, I realized that this is also connected to my Dynon D100 - will this continue to work as well when I add the SL40?

Matt,

While RS-232 is technically a point-to-point interface, it will very likely work fine to drive both your SL40 (VHF Out) and D100 (NMEA) as long as the D100 is happy receiving data at 9600 baud.

Steve