carguy614

Well Known Member
Departing rwy 6 the other day, and glanced at the Dynon d-100 to trim for climb. Surprise!! Horizon canted left 50 degrees or so. Like I was in a right steep turn. Well...Nice VFR day, so I went ahead with a short joy ride down the beach. After 2 minuites or so, the horizon leveled out, but seemed canted right 3 degrees or so. All other data seemed normal, and pich attitude normal. A subsequent flight later that day was had with normal D100 info displayed. Later, during a ground power up, It canted again. Contacted Dynon, and they advised sending it in. Very prompt response. Seems as if there are few problems like this reported, so I thought I would start a thread to follow the progress of the repairs and flight test afterward.
Anyone else had an issue that is similar with your EFIS?

Regards,
Chris

My GRT EFIS-1 is particularly succeptable to this problem is you move the aircraft while it is booting up. Although the literature says it only takes a brief period for the AHRS to "find it's way", any time I've moved before the full boot has resulted in the problems you described. I've also tried re-booting in flight but that didn't work either.

I don't find it to be a big problem though. It gives me a couple of minutes to warm the oil up anyway. The only time its a problem is when I am flying with a group to other RVs. I'm always the last to taxi out.

Chris
I have seen the same things as you except only 5-10 deg.'s of bank.
Usually after a quick takeoff with minimal warmup (CHT's at 200 for TO).
I was going to wait until the plane went in for paint this week, but then I had problems updating my new servo's so I sent it in last Wed.(11-26-08).
A cloverleaf seemed to help it right itself!;)