fehdxl

Well Known Member
I heard a story a while ago about someone placing a 'special rivet' in a strategic location. No I'm not talking about those extra holes from a dimple modification or an oops rivet, but rather a rivet that has a special meaning. Maybe the rivet was bucked by a special person, given to you by a special person, or something of the like. What I'd like to offer is a few special rivets that have flown over Iraq and Afghanistan on combat missions. I know it's not as cool as have been flown in space (is that possible Paul?) but it's what I can offer to the group. I brought a 1/10 pound of AD4263-3.5 flush rivets (as they are quite common) with me as a start. I figure you could put them in the wing or fuselage in an area that is easy to point out...a conversation starter during those fly-ins if you will. If there is more of a demand that what I have or if you want something different, just let me know. Please send me a PM or e-mail me at fehdxl at gmail.com if you are intersted. -Jim

Since i'm out here on deployment in support of OEF/OIF, i'd love to get one from ya....

as well as one flown in space...paul ;)

one for each wing!! :cool:

emailed

Last edited:
At Paul's (NASA) shipping...

Since i'm out here on deployment in support of OEF/OIF, i'd love to get one from ya....

as well as one flown in space...paul ;)

one for each wing!! :cool:

emailed

...cost of about $20,000 per pound, that would be $4 per rivet.

Still worth it.... Paul - where do I send my rivet and $4?