bret

Well Known Member
So.....how many hours.....or days did it take you? Just finished the Sky View intercom-Com panel, and Com radio. Just a warning if you have not done this yet, Um............follow the directions! I thought I was doing good until It did not work......So beside the ground of the shields and the 20 other grounds that come into one pin, you really need to pay attention to that Ring Barrel tip thing, I even watched the video with the revolver, Sheh.

I cheated and bought a GTR-200 radio with built-in comm, and paid an extra $200 for ACS to make the harness. A nice piece of kit, as the Brits would say!

I will second that...

I wired up a PS 1000 II from scratch. I also though I was doing perfect just following that wire diagram... Then I had a very loud annoying tone in the intercom. With a little trouble shooting help from Stein (great people) I figured it out. Was just a shield shorting out a mic... If you have a problem, try to isolate it to the various mic or headset pins by disconnecting them.

I thought it was a fun project and wouldn't hesitate to do it again. But yes, I spend quite a bit of time on it. Don't feel so bad though. I got a quote for an intercom install in a certified AC and they said it would take them about 18 hours of labor... I probably spend that much time on it but then again I am not a pro who does this for a living...

Video

Last edited:
Dynon harness

Dynon sells a harness for the intercom now. Saves trying to bundle all those shields. All the wires are labeled on the other end.