flickroll

Well Known Member
I need to run shielded intercom cables to the rear passenger in my -8. I would like to keep the wires completely hidden. One possible route rearward is the wires tucked inside the right hand pilot's switch/circuit breaker panel. This would be the most convenient but I worry about picking up noise from all of the beakers and switches. How have other -8 builders routed these cables? Thoughts/comments? Thanks

right console

is where I ran mine, along with most of my other wires.

Randy
8A Finishing, Wiring

Under the floor

along the left side. Then up along the front of the bulkhead where the cross brace is attached. I put the jacks up near the longeron just behind the crossbrace.

I need to run shielded intercom cables to the rear passenger in my -8. I would like to keep the wires completely hidden...... Thoughts/comments? Thanks
This is one of those deals where among other things the builder has to decide where he prefers the pax jacks be located. The wires completely hidden, this wiring run is about as simple as it gets. The intercom IS attached to the right side console. Though not flight tested yet, I'm not too worried about interference issues because Stein made up the shielded intercom harness for me and his attention to quality and detail is legendary. :)

2v0yj3p.jpg

96l3tf.jpg